Employers in Mauritius use the right procedure in conducting an interview in Mauritius. With this, they are able to hire the best of candidates you can think of. Getting hold of an interview guide for Mauritians isn’t a bad idea at all. As a Mauritian, an interview guide for Mauritians will provide you with guidelines and the dos and don’ts of an interview.
In the interview guide, employers also get to know how to conduct an interview in Mauritius. Therefore, this interview guide for Mauritians isn’t designed for employees only but employers as well. It will be prudent that as an employee, you know the kind of questions your prospective employer will ask you.
Inside an interview guide for Mauritians
This Mauritian interview guide contains Mauritians interview advice for both hiring managers and job candidates. Just like this article, it provides some possible questions that employers can ask candidates in an interview. It doesn’t end there. It also provides Mauritius interview hints for candidates. And this makes them potential candidates for hiring managers.
Interview questions for Employers
As an employer, you can organise an interview with a candidate alone or as a panel. A panel interview to the employer helps. This is because as one asks questions and waits for an answer, other members of the panel are also able to check the candidate’s demeanour. Take a look at these 20 questions for Mauritian interviewers.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why did you leave your last job and want to work for this organization?
- What have you done to improve your knowledge recently?
- Have you applied for other jobs?
- How long would you expect to work for us if we hire you?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Are you a team player?
- What do you know about this organization?
- What interests you about this position?
- Why are you the best person for this position?
- How will you describe your working style?
- What experiences do you have in this field?
- What can you do for this organisation that other candidates can’t?
- If I overlook your credentials to employ you, won’t you disappoint me?
- What makes you a good citizen? Can you apply that to work?
After giving employers these points, it is equally important to guide candidates as well. They must know what their hiring managers expect from them.
Dos and Don’ts in a Mauritian job interview Process
As a candidate who is looking for a job, you must know what employers from you in a Mauritian interview process.
- Ensure that you get to the venue of the interview on time. There is no excuse for lateness.
- Mind your looks. Look ‘professional’ from head to toe.
- Take along with you every qualification you mentioned in your CV.
- Greet every person you meet from the reception to the interview room. Your employer can even disguise himself as a receptionist or a cleaner and. You may look down on him and it will be to your own disadvantage.
- In the interview room, you may sit down only when you are told to do so.
- Avoid chewing gum in the interview room
- Do not put on high-scented perfumes. You wouldn’t want to hurt people who are allergic to high-scented perfumes.
- Do not dress provocatively. Remember it’s a job interview and not a beauty contest.
- With credentials, do not impersonate anyone as it’s criminal and punishable by law.
Do not fake anything. Just be real. Faking in an interview means faking forever at work.
Jobseekers; look at these Mauritian interview questions and answers
Before you attend a job interview, you must at least know what’s on the minds of your interviewers. For example, if you were an interviewer, what likely questions would you ask a job candidate in an interview? You can think outside the box by imagining questions outside a typical interview guide for Mauritians. Well, if you’ve not thought of any questions yet, I think these 5 can be of them.
5 possible answers to Mauritian job interview questions
- What’s your working style? When answering this question, you have to keep the particular job position in mind. Avoid clichés like hardworker and focus on specific features of your work. You can go ahead to share an experience about your working style with them.
- Why has there been a break in your employment? If there has, be honest about it. Relax because this question is not to intimidate you but to know the reason why you’ve been unemployed for a period of time. If there are personal reasons, you can let them know. You can answer by saying ‘I decided to take a break from work in order to…but now, I’m ready to work again.
- How do you manage stress? The best way to answer this question is by telling them about your stress management techniques. If you don’t have any, then I think it’s time to learn about them.
- What do you do outside of work? This is to test your personality and how you live your daily life. If you really want to open up, you can share with them the things that make you busy outside of work.
- What is your salary requirement? To be able to answer this question, it is important that you research on how much the company pays its employees. This way, you can put your salary requirement in a range and this will make the hiring manager know that you are flexible.
Now having read these dos and don’ts for candidates, put on your best smile as you walk straight into the interview room to meet your interviewers.