Position Title: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Officer
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Location: Maryland County, Liberia
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized.
PIH partners with the Ministry of Health to build local and national clinical capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality healthcare, address the root causes of disease, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global healthcare policy change.
PIH currently has programs in Haiti, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mexico, Navajo Nation, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, and Sierra Leone. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School (HMS) and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Officer will support implementation of ASRH programs in up to 7 health facilities in Maryland County.
Clinical mentoring will include the following technical areas: improving access to ASRH services, including contraception; and increasing access to Youth-Friendly Services (YFS) information, including comprehensive sexuality education, and community outreach strategies targeting parents, teachers and community members.
S/he will also work with the county health team (CHT) to deliver, document and disseminate results as required by the funding partner, UNFPA.
- Provide direct technical support to assigned county health facilities.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of county health staff, and Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) in the ASRH and YFS facilities and communities.
- To design and implement quality ASRH programing as per MOH and UNFPA requirements.
- Provide technical support, maintaining routine communication with the Program manager and CHT to ensure quality implementation. This may include: Leading the development of project work plan; providing inputs into and reviews of donors report; Coordinating and managing grant deliverables.
- Provide monitoring oversight of implementation of activities, in conjunction with technical lead, program manager and M&E team.
- Establish and maintain routine communication with the program manager and develop and maintain relationships with Community Health staff and CHT.
- Contribute towards the project monitoring tools and support routine data collection and reporting through standardized monthly reporting system established in the county.
- Conduct weekly clinical mentoring visits with facility staff at designated YFS center, using the UNFPA ASRH quality standards tools for on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Establish and ensure monthly QI sessions with health facility staff focused on targeted YFS quality improvement projects.
- Conduct quarterly JISS with CHT for integrated monitoring and supervision pending availability of funding.
- Ensures referrals and follow-ups of at-risk adolescents.
- Registered Nurse or Midwife with BSN
- Valid Nursing License
- Minimum of 1year experience working in ASRH YFS will be an added advantage.
- Able to oversee implementation of program plans and coordinate with field staff implement the plans.
- Mentorship, coaching and teaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills.