Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality health care accessible to every family and offering unparalleled patient experiences. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa.
- Work for a company that cares about your and your team’s growth
- Learn how to build a trusted and profitable business
- Our culture is like nowhere else… come see for yourself
Role Description of Area Branch Manager at Penda Health
At Penda, we need our Medical Centers to win the trust of their communities and grow their patient numbers, especially the repeat patients (we have ambitious targets for that). Your most important goal will be to make all your branches hit the targets by delivering excellent services. If a Medical Centre is not performing, you will be responsible for turning it around!
We are currently hiring for a second Area Manager as we are at the verge of opening more branches!
Responsibilities of Area Branch Manager at Penda Health
- You are responsible for making your branches hit their targets each month. You will work with your team and use data to make logical decisions about how you will make the branches grow. Then you will executive those plans meticulously
- It’s your job to make your team (and their teams) happy to be working with Penda, to give them loads of feedback (praises and constructive feedback), and to help them grow into other roles at Penda.
- You will hire new managers when necessary. You will do interviews, supervise assignments and work trials and make a hiring recommendation
- You will make sure our patients are super satisfied with their experience, come back to Penda every time they get sick and refer all their friends and family to us. You will do this by making sure we deliver our product consistently and our teams are adhering to the Penda standards
- You will make sure all of Penda works together well, conflicts are resolved and we stick to agreements we make with each other. You will be great at communicating with your team and with Penda about everything that is going on at the branches.
We’re a start-up – get ready for anything!
Who will be successful in this role?
- You are a go-getter. You love targets and don’t tire until you hit them. You are super good at execution and have an eye for detail
- You are a people expert. You know how to inspire and motivate teams and make everyone superstars. You are not afraid to let people go if they are holding us back. You will love this job if you love people, even the crying babies!
- You are super open and honest about everything, always!
- You are a feedback expert. You give feedback in constructive ways and you are great at receiving feedback and working on it. You learn and adapt fast
- You are super good at healthy conflict. If you disagree with someone, you don’t let it pass but address it head-on in a respectful manner.
Requirements for Area Branch Manager at Penda Health:
- 2+ years experience managing a team to achieve difficult goals
- 1+ years experience managing managers
- Available Full Time and fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Experience managing branches is a plus
- Base Salary depends on qualifications and experience. Your package will contain incentives based on Medical Centre performance.
- Strong benefits package including full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family.
- Opportunity to earn cash options in a fast-growing company and benefit from the long-term success of Penda
Application process for Area Branch Manager at Penda Health:
- Interviews will be done on a rolling basis as applications come in. We may take up to 14 days to reply to your application
- Note that we are hiring through our own website and through several recruiters. You may see this advert in other locations as well