Summary of Position
Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the boiler to provide the required quantity and quality of steam for smooth and continuous running of the plant.
- Ensure the control and operation of steam boiler
- Monitoring and ensuring all operation parameters are within range during plant operation
- Maintaining boiler daily records and ensuring overall safety of the boiler by checking safety devices regularly
- Monitoring/operation of boiler water treatment unit and ensuring feed water is always within accepted limits
- Monitoring and receiving of boiler fuel
- Performs simple boiler water analysis
- Maintain housekeeping standard to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Strictly follow and ensure plant safety regulation during operation
- Monitor closely the performance of all safety controls and report quickly on any malfunctioning.
- Liaise with maintenance team during boiler maintenance
- Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain contacts with all departments especially maintenance and production team on matters concerning the smooth running of the boiler and operation of the plant
Responsibility for Company Asset
- Has responsibility to ensure all equipment are kept clean and properly operated according to SOP to avoid damage.
- HND Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in oil and fat industry
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze burner related problems
- Understanding of boiler operations
- Understand equipment functionality in relation to operation and production of steam
- Understand and able to perform simple maintenance works on equipment- Lubrication, replacement of seals and gaskets
- High level integrity and dependable
- Self-driven result oriented
- Can do attitude and persistent
- Openness and willing to learn
The Choice for Shea and IOI Loders Croklaan
Shea grows in West-Africa only and IOI Loders Croklaan, with offices in Ghana and Burkina Faso, is active in eight countries in West-Africa.
IOI Loders Croklaan, part of the Malaysian IOI Group, is a global producer of oils, fats and nutritional ingredients. The core business is currently focused on palm oil, palm- and Shea-based fractions for applications in the food industry worldwide.
Manufacturing facilities are based in the Netherlands, United States, Canada and Malaysia and sales offices are located worldwide.