Applications are invited from suitably qualified, highly motivated and well experienced persons of Malawi origin to fill management positions tenable at the Pharmacy Medicines and Poisons Board in Lilongwe. The following are the details of the vacant positions:-
POSITION: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT (GRADE 3)
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar and Head of Technical Services, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Overall management and supervision of the Finance Department;
- Preparing and implementing the Board’s annual budget;
- Preparing financial plans and project appraisals;
- Preparing and managing the Board’s cash flows;
- Designing and implementing appropriate financial controls for the Board;
- Supervising the timely preparation of quarterly financial management accounts and annual final accounts;
- Ensuring of timely collection of revenue from all the Board’s clients;
- Overall monitoring and control of expenditure;
- Maintenance of fixed asset register;
- Sitting on Finance and Administration Committee meetings as well as Board meetings;
- Managing the Board’s General insurance and ‘Pension scheme portfolios in liaison with the Deputy Registrar.
Qualifications and Experience
- High level of integrity and a proven track record in accounting
- At least a Masters degree in Finance and should be a qualified accountant with ACCA/CIMA and five years post qualification experience. MBA is an added advantage.
- Must be mature individuals who should have a proven track record of working under strict deadlines and should be an active member of Society of Accountants in Malawi (SOCAM)
- The ideal candidate must have excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Self starter and ability to devise own working programs with minimum supervision
- Fully computer literate in Accounting packages.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications with (i) an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV); (ii) Names and Contacts of Three Traceable Referees, at least one of whom should have been a first or second level supervisor of the applicant within the last 10 years; and (iii) copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications. The application should be sent to the address below:-
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
Electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to :
Our email address.
The subject line of the application should read: “Application for the Position of…………”
To reach the Comptroller of Statutory Corporations not later than Friday, 19th January, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.