Applications are invited from suitably qualified, highly motivated and well experienced persons of Malawi origin to fill management positions tenable at the Pharmacy Medicines and Poisons Board in Lilongwe. The following are the details of the vacant positions:-
POSITION: CHIEF DRUG INSPECTOR (GRADE 3)
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar and Head of Technical Services, the incumbent will be a coordinator of all activities of inspectorate and Law enforcement division and accordingly advise management on policy interventions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and participate in inspections of pharmaceutical businesses including current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) with the view of improving the quality and safety of medicines on the market;
- Planning and implementing cost effective inspections for the local pharmaceutical establishments to ensure compliance with the provisions of the PMP Act, and to uphold the standard of pharmacy practice;
- Prepare annual budgets for all inspection activities with suitable work plans and expected outcomes to fit with the expected Cash flow;
- Reviewing and updating pharmacy laws and regulations;
- In liaison with the law enforcement agencies such as the Police, lead a team of inspectors to deal with the unlicensed sale of pharmaceutical products;
- Apart from the inspections, explore other ways and means in liaison with the relevant PMPB
- committees and other stakeholders, activities which would reduce unlicensed sale of pharmaceutical products in liaison with other medical profession regulatory bodies in Malawi.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from a recognized University
- Must be a registered pharmacist
- High degree of integrity and good conduct
- Post-graduate qualification in Pharmaceutical Quality or Safety related course would be an advantage.
- At least five years’s experience in a pharmaceutical regulation related field.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications with (i) an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV); (ii) Names and Contacts of Three Traceable Referees, at least one of whom should have been a first or second level supervisor of the applicant within the last 10 years; and (iii) copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications. The application should be sent to the address below:-
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to :
Our email address
The subject line of the application should read: “Application for the Position of…………”
To reach the Comptroller of Statutory Corporations not later than Friday, 19th January, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.