Applications are invited from suitably qualified, highly motivated and well experienced persons of Malawi origin to fill management positions tenable at the Pharmacy Medicines and Poisons Board in Lilongwe. The following are the details of the vacant position:-
POSITION: CHIEF DRUG REGISTRATION OFFICER (Grade 3)
This position calls for an experienced individual with well-developed pharmaceutical regulatory technical skills and leadership abilities to work effectively as a senior member of the management team. Reporting to the Deputy Registrar and Head of Technical Services, the Chief Drug Registration Officer will be responsible for overall management of pharmaceutical product quality assessment and safety surveillance activities. He/She will also oversee the training and licensing of pharmacy personnel to ensure delivery of quality pharmaceutical care. The prospective officer will head the Registration Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead review process of pharmaceutical product dossiers to ensure an effective and efficient drug registration system and summarize findings for technical committee’s consideration;
- Co-ordinate the Clinical Trial Protocol Review Process and summarize observations for the technical committee responsible for regulation of Clinical Trials;
- Implement a GCP inspections program for registered clinical trials to ensure protection of study subjects and generation of quality and credible results;
- Prepare short and long term strategies required for implementation of a functioning Pharmacovigilance system required to ascertain safety of pharmaceutical products on the market;
- Facilitate development of competency standards for pharmaceutical training and ensure regulatory compliance to pharmaceutical practice standards;
- Ensure Liaison and close collaboration with key stakeholder agencies involved in enhancement of quality, safety, rational use, access, procurement, and supply of pharmaceutical products;
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the Deputy Registrar.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from a recognized University
- Must be a registered pharmacist
- High degree of integrity and good conduct
- Post-graduate qualification in Pharmaceutical Quality or Safety related course would be an advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in a pharmaceutical regulation related field.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications with (i) an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV); (ii) Names and Contacts of Three Traceable Referees, at least one of whom should have been a first or second level supervisor of the applicant within the last 10 years; and (iii) copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications. The application should be sent to the address below:-
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
Electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to :
Our email address
The subject line of the application should read: “Application for the Position of…………”
To reach the Comptroller of Statutory Corporations not later than Friday, 19th January, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.