Government of Malawi recognizes the vital role that the microfinance and financial cooperative sector plays in the social economic development of the Country. Noting that the formal financial sector in Malawi remains small and that outreach remains concentrated to a narrow client base, Government has, through the Reserve Bank of Malawi taken a leading role in the development of the infrastructure, a policy and institutional framework aimed at growing the financial sector’s capacity to increase outreach.
A key intervention in these reforms is the implementation of the Financial Sector Technical Assistance Project (FSTAP) which the government is financing with credit from the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank implemented by the Reserve Bank of Malawi. The project aims at increasing access to finance for the currently unbanked but bankable population of Malawi
It is for this reason that one of the key interventions envisaged under FSTAP is the establishment of the Microfinance Transaction Processing Hub (the Hub) that will enable the microfinance and financial cooperative sector share interoperable electronic data processing infrastructure for their Management Information System (MIS) requirements.
In this regard, the MFI Hub Company Limited was recently incorporated to manage contracts of and at various degrees and levels. The Company therefore seeks to recruit an experienced and dynamic team that will run the operations of the Company. The team must be firmly committed to delivering activities of the Hub. The contract for the position will be for 3 years subject to renewal upon successful performance. The position will be tenable at the Company’s head office in Blantyre.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for contracting and partner relations; strategy and business development; research and innovation in digital finance marketing, resource mobilization and public relations and performance management of members of staff.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a well-articulated Strategic plan for the Company
- Implementation of business plans;
- Develop resource mobilization proposals to different stakeholders
- Produce quarterly income and expenditure reports;
- Produce biannual capacity building reports for the Board;
- Report on complaints, enquiries and proposals emanating from the service providers;
- Undertake business development initiatives and recruitment of members for the Company;
- Conduct and report research to the Board.
- Ensure financial literacy efforts are imbedded in assigned projects;
- Ensure that at least 2 programmatic features are designed with women’s and people living with disabilities needs in mind.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management/Business Management with a strong bias in IC, Business development and financial management.
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in business management/ project management, 5 of which executive(senior level).
- At least 5 experience in microfinance or banking or financial cooperative sector.
- Must demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking, communicator and team player.
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Excellent networking with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships;
- High level planning, organizational and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills , including the ability to liaise effectively at senior levels, including central banks;
- Analytical and problem solving skills of a high order, including the ability to formulate recommendations and advice.
How to Apply
The position will attract generous benefits package including a competitive salary
To apply for the position candidates must submit detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees, covering letter plus copies of certificates to:-
The Board Chairperson,
MFI Hub Company Limited,
Plot No. CH/M/114 Sanjika/Chilomoni Road,
PO Box 725,
to our email address
Women are encouraged to apply. The dosing date for receiving applications is 15 December, 2017