Applications are invited from suitably qualified, highly motivated and well experienced persons of Malawi origin to fill management positions tenable at the Pharmacy Medicines and Poisons Board in Lilongwe. The following are the details of the vacant positions:-
POSITION: CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (GRADE 3)
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar and Head of Technical Services, the Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer’s overall responsibility is to provide human resources management and administration services to all departments of the Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating human resource and administration policies, annual budgets, work plans and procedures;
- Planning and coordinating the recruitment of staff, induction, performance appraisal, handling retirement processes including training needs assessment;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures in line with the quality management system;
- Facilitating the review of Conditions of Service and policies for the Secretariat;
- Coordinating the review of Strategic Plans for the organization and its implementation;
- Ensuring that insurance portfolio, the medical scheme and pension portfolios are up to date including processing staff compensations on accidents and other staff related insurance claims;
- Overseeing the procurement function by ensuring that all the necessary processes and procedures are followed in line with procurement laws;
- Responsible for payroll administration and management of staff records;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Secretariat from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration from a recognized university
- Not less than five (5) years’ experience at senior management level in a public organization. Those with a Master’s degree will have an added advantage.
- Have good leadership and team building skills and of high integrity
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Malawi Labour laws
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications with (i) an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV); (ii) Names and Contacts of Three Traceable Referees, at least one of whom should have been a first or second level supervisor of the applicant within the last 10 years; and (iii) copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications. The application should be sent to the address below:-
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to :
The subject line of the application should read: “Application for the Position of…………”
To reach the Comptroller of Statutory Corporations not later than Friday, 19th January, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.