Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being Ghana’s most trusted and respected, best performing consumer products company. Diageo Plc owns 80.39% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical on the journey to become no.1.
Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange. The GGBL beverage market is both developing and fragmented with increasing change taking place in the structure of the retail off-trade given the expansion of foreign FMCG retail chains.
The concentration of purchasing power amongst national accounts in off-trade follows the global trend resulting in ever-increasing pressure on pricing, profitability and service. This growing formal off trade is balanced by a large and informal off and on trade outlet universe that is critical to GGBL success in both beer, mainstream spirits, non-alcoholic adult soft drinks and IPS. Mastering of the mass and mainstream on-trade is a strategic imperative with the need to ensure maximum influence at the point of consumption in this channel.
This role is accountable for the development and execution of the commercial strategy against a clear implementation plan that delivers volume and profit growth, increased market share and wins at the point of purchase in both current and future channels. The role will play a key part in shaping our sales strategy towards our F20 goals and will need to form strong relationships with GGBL executive and ELT team as well as Sales, Marketing and Innovations teams across Diageo Africa and Global.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Suitable post graduate degree in Social Sciences, Business or Marketing
- A proven track record of building and leading high performing Sales teams and achievement of stretching goals with at least 10 years’ experience at regional or senior management level in a blue chip leading edge sales/commercial environment.
- An in depth knowledge of the sales environment and people development.
- Strong leadership of cross functional teams
- Create a focused, disciplined and high performing commercial machine that can execute relentlessly against our core business and beat the competition.
- Build the talent and capability required to win in the market and lead the transformation to greater diversity in our commercial organization.
- Develop and implement a 3/5 year ”Route to Consumer” strategy to deliver top and bottom line growth and win share across our portfolio.
- Key contributor on the GGBL executive team in leading the organization and our ELT leaders to deliver our plans year on year and lay the foundation for future growth.
- Builds the structured and disciplines required to effectively execute a rich innovation pipeline that grows the business and those of our distributors/customers.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
External Job Title Commercial Director, GGBL