Kempinski Hotels has long reflected the finest traditions of European hospitality. Today, as ever, Kempinski is synonymous with distinctive luxury. Located in many of the world’s most well-known cities and resorts, the Kempinski collection includes hotels in a grand manner, pace-setting modern establishments and older hotels of individual charm. All blend gracefully into their surroundings and offer luxurious accommodation, superb cuisine and unrivalled facilities – complemented by impeccable service.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Catering / Confectionery
Reporting to the Demi Chef de Partie/Chef de Partie , Commis Chef’s main function will be. Prepare the mise en place and handle food preparation, ensure Kitchen equipment is prepared for use, first aid and fire emergency procedures are displayed, and all equipment is operated safely and sensibly, ensure that HACCP is implemented and practiced and assist with food presentation as part of the kitchen brigade.
- Prepare kitchen equipment for use.
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for menu items.
- Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures is demonstrated and it is ensured that all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- Prepare simple food items.
- Prepare food for service.
- Assist with checking, receiving and storing of goods.
- Maintain storage areas.
- Clean kitchen and equipment.
- Handle waste and linen.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and high standards of personal hygiene.
- Attend all briefings.
- Participate in training.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Basic Certification in Food and Beverage Production Operations.
- Previous experience within a luxury 5 star establishment
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients.
- Experience in a Kitchen role.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial