The five-year $7 million USAID/West Africa Peace through Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (PELA) Activity Task Order under the PPL Monitoring and Evaluation Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (EVAL-ME IDIQ) will support the Mission to be a more effective, efficient, and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa, and strengthen USAID/West Africa’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
The key objectives include the following
- Enhance knowledge acquisition to improve strategic and programmatic decision-making.
- Enhance knowledge utilization to improve strategic and programmatic decision-making.
Social Impact is seeking a full-time Communications Advisor (CA) to propose on our team and provide technical leadership to the eventual PELA contract. This position will be based in Ghana. The CA will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
The CA shall be the responsible for presentation of all activity data, research, and learning to the diverse relevant audiences. The CA shall have principal responsibility over the editing and review of all research products as well as the development, editing, and review of all communications products produced by the activity. The CA shall advise on dissemination methods and ensure that products are tailored appropriate audiences. The CA will explore and develop means of making complex information, whether generated by the activity or other partners, easily understood. The CA shall have the status of Deputy Chief of Party and be capable for directing and managing the activity in the absence of the Research Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, graphic design, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in communications, graphic design, or analytical research and/or program support mechanism.
- Familiarity with programming development assistance (experience in countering violent extremism or peace promotion preferred).
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Familiarity with internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the activity.
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.