The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (2014-2019). AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Inc., Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree supports and advances implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
AIDSFree is seeking a supply chain specialist to serve as a Condom Programming Advisor for the AIDSFree program in Lesotho which focuses on increasing condom promotion and provision, and supporting and protecting adolescent girls and young women through strengthening school-based HIV and violence prevention education. The Condom Programming Advisor will work with the ministry of health (MOH) and condom donors to strengthen condom programming and ensure commodity security in Lesotho at all levels.
The Condom Programming Advisor will be seconded to the Supply Chain Management Unit of the Ministry of Health.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in condom programming in Lesotho and direct support to the Supply Chain Management Unit of the Ministry of Health.
- Actively collaborate with the Ministry of Health, the National Drug Store Organization, the District Health Management Teams, donors and partners to strengthen the condom programming environment, the routine sharing of condom logistics information, improving the logistics system for condoms, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Improve program communications and cross-department reporting and information sharing at the central and district levels.
- Improve forecasting capabilities at the central and district levels, strengthening linkages between the MOH and NGO sectors (i.e., coverage, warehousing and distribution, stock management, effective resource use, and reporting)
- Assist the MOH in improving MOH/donor coordination at the central level regarding forecasting, supply and distribution of condoms and lubricants
- Provide leadership to the MOH Condom Programming Strategy and its implementation.
The Condom Programming Advisor should have the following qualifications:
- Masters in Public Health or related field
- 5 years’ experience working with public health supply chains
- Solid understanding of the health system in Lesotho
- Experience with HIV/AIDS and/or family planning programs
- Strong skills in interpretation and utilization of program monitoring and evaluation data
- Knowledge of health commodity procurement systems
- Excellent communication, consensus-building, leadership, and analytical skills