Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel.
Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE has an opportunity for a Field Operator to join our Process & Pipeline Services operations in Ghana.
- Under minimal supervision, receive and follow detailed instructions on how to safely perform intermediate hands-on technical duties for the product line services.
- Responsibilities include job preparation, pre and post job checks, load-out, rigging up and rigging down and field maintenance of equipment
- Assemble pipes, hoses and pumping equipment using hand tools and mechanical lifting equipment with minimal supervision
- Must be physically able to handle technical tasks in harsh environmental conditions and capable of performing strenuous physical labor
- Must operate and Maintain company equipment in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrive at jobsite or other designated destination at scheduled time
- Maintain good customer relations and proper communication with co-workers and supervisors
- Maintain regulatory documentation as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Two year Technical Degree preferred.
- Must have recognized mechanical qualification
- Industry experience and Process & Pipeline knowledge required
- Recognized PPS training courses
- Ability to alternate methods of completing tasks if the set method is not viable.
- Communicate with various clients and must have good customer service skills.
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements
GhanaBaker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more