The ILO Country office Dar es Salaam currently seeks to recruit a motivated and experienced Finance and Administrative Assistant, with a demonstrated and proved track record. The candidate will based in Kigali Rwanda. S/he will report directly to the Project’s Chief Technical Advisor (CTA)
Main duties and responsibilities:
The activities will involve administrative, financial and communications aspects of the project. Specific duties to be performed include the following:
- Maintain financial records for the project and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports.
- Prepare POs and external collaboration and service contracts.
- Maintain contact with officials of local banks to obtain information on changes in procedures and regulations, exchange and interest rates, and matters pertaining to the maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Prepare on own initiative correspondence, answer queries from national stakeholders and partners and obtain information for implementation of the programme.
- Work in close collaboration with Programme and Finance Units in CO- Dar es Salaam with preparing Office Financial Clearance, External Payment Authorisation and Budget Revisions for Project related activities.
- Provide advice and assistance to officials and experts in preparing project budgets, project document revisions and budgets for other activities. Assist and guide project management in monitoring project funds as well as in maintaining the internal financial controls of projects.
- Process and examine project budget information and data in accordance with instructions, and make necessary abstracts and computation.
- Coordinate and perform all project administrative tasks
- Brief experts and other officials on financial and administrative matters.
- Organise travel plans and arrangements, and calculate and settle travel claims for office staff or others as appropriate.
- Arrange for the local procurement, maintenance and safekeeping of equipment, furniture, vehicles and supplies for the office and its projects, as well as the maintenance and security of office premises
- Carry out specific operational and control tasks for project implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications requirements: education, language, experience and competencies.
Education: Completion of secondary school education with formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field from a recognized commercial school or equivalent
Experience: Six years of progressively accounting clerical financial and administrative work, and some training in an administrative field.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of French.
- Ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work.
- Ability to work in stakeholders engagement and communications (organization of events, preparation of media briefs, press reviews, etc.).
- Knowledge of financial and administrative management processes, experience with financial rules and procedures. Knowledge of operations in an UN organization would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure.
- Ability to organize own work.
- Ability to work with confidential material.
- Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
Interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience should submit their applications including updated curriculum vitae, certified relevant certificates and one page cover letter addressed to ILO Country Director, P.O. Box 9212, Dar es Salaam.
All applications should be sent online through email: by clicking the button below with the subject “Application for Finance and Administrative Assistant position” before 15 December 2017. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.