Dimensions of Role:
- Regional Finance management
- Financial Planning, Financial and Business Analysis and Financial Grants Management
- Internal Financial Controls and Financial Risk Management
- Cost/benefit Analysis and guidance
- Relevant People management
- Assisting with the business case and cost-effective way of running business
- Financial Planning and Monitoring
- Analyse organization requirements and provide input to RO management and International Head Quarter for improvement for Translating and simplifying requirements
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
Regional Finance management:
- Plan, prepare and provide strategic financial analysis and advise to regional management
Lead responsibility for financial risk management processes in the region.
Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, and Financial Grants Management
- Provide strategic leadership to the regional business planning processes
- Provide strategic analysis of the regional finances and identify key risks and opportunities
- Support the regional management in communicating regional business plans to IH and disseminate approved business plans to countries.
- Prepare and review periodic regional financial reports
- Support regional management’s submission of timely and reliable financial information and analysis
Coordinate budgeting and forecasting processes; providing ad hoc analyses in support of Operational Excellence and Corporate Strategy.
- Provide guidance on cash flow/ treasury management in region
Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax legislation
Internal Financial Control and Financial Risk Management:
- Ensure appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to
- Follow up finance related audit actions from countries and RO
- Identify, assess and report on financial risks.
- Work with IH Finance to develop and implement policies and procedures that mitigate financial risks.
Ensure that key financial risks are reported and incorporated into regional risk register and general risk management processes.
- Take a lead role in analyzing the industry environment, in order to advise management on the global market trends for resource mobilization, while also advising on, and targeting key opportunities
- Drive the function of cost-effective way of delivering programmes and organization management in Asia, so that the region is high performing in ensuring continuing high level support from donors, partners, and other key stake holders.
- Develops and analyze cost benefit of the regions current business delivery strategy to ensure a strong performing return on investment. Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analysing data requirements
- Evaluating and analyzing data, creating solutions, communicating with a variety of people
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Liaise with Finance and Business development leads throughout the region, and ensure there is coordinated approach and strategy in terms of the mobilization of resources and financial management
- Work closely with senior management to ensure that the influencing approach of the region is in line with key funding opportunities and cost-effective way, while proactively identifying key risks
- Supervise the Finance Controller and other regional finance staff as required.
Take a lead role in providing advice and guidance to RO and CO
Dealing with Problems:
- Have the ability to make sound and precise judgments under pressure by interpreting and analyzing financial data and identifying both the long and short-term implications for PI Inc. in the region.
- Communicate finance concepts and issues clearly to staff
- Envisage the operational implications of systems changes, learn and apply financial systems quickly to meet business requirements
The post holder will be able to apply policies and procedures in order to enable operations to run effectively
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Regional management
- Country Finance Managers
- Country Grants finance team
- Central Finance Team
External stakeholders including National Offices
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Provide Strategic Leadership
- Develops, motivates, coaches and manages finance team in the region
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance.
Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
Skills specific to the post:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong Team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, internet.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Possess the capabilities needed to deliver effective solutions to complex business challenges.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Knowledge on SAP will be an added value
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Relevant financial and business analysis qualification
- MBA preferable
- 8-10 years experience in a similar senior role.