Purpose of this Position:
The Grants Officer engages in compliance reporting and supports special project initiatives. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting, with an emphasis on grant compliance and financial reporting. The Grants Officer serves as a point person for the post-award management of public sector grants. Working together with finance and program teams, s/he proactively works to ensure compliance, proper coding, and budget management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Liberia staff in finance, procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and program management to ensure full procedural compliance with grant agreements.
- Help set relevant systems for grants management and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Proactively identify potential challenges and initiate or recommend corrective action.
- Work with the finance team to ensure accurate, timely, efficient, and transparent processes for the entire grant lifecycle.
- Ensure accurate and timely record keeping that is aligned with donor preferences, expectations, and requirements.
The key competencies required for the position of Grants Officer:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in finance, accounting, or public health, development studies, social/medical sciences, or management.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant work experience, with at least 1 year of experience in grants or administration.
- Excellent facilitation, oral and interpersonal communication, and presentation skills including excellent writing skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills as well as creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of, and experience with computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software. Microsoft Word & Excel knowledge and ability is very important;