- This position requires a person with experience in handling a wide range of administrative and HR support related tasks. The person in this role must be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The person must also be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting staff
- The ability to interact with staff at all levels, sometimes under pressure but remaining flexible is particularly essential. Being proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality is a must. Written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are also crucial.
- Handling general office and administrative tasks, including the composition and preparation of routine correspondences
- Answering phones and directing all incoming calls to appropriate parties promptly and efficiently
- Distributing incoming mails, preparing outgoing mail including bulk mail and maintaining/updating mailing list
- Assisting with planning and coordinating meetings
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, and following through on issues in a timely manner
- Arranging travel schedules and reservations as needed
- Conducting internet and other research as needed
- Maintaining contact phone numbers for all staff and updating as and when necessary
- Providing HR support to the company
- Assisting with recruitment and section processes
- Preparing new employee files and ensuring all correspondence are filed
- Ensuring all HR administrative records are updated and maintained
- Treating personnel files confidentially at all times
- Managing attendance records
- Performing other tasks and duties as needed
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Secretaryship or Business Administration or Human Resources
- Strong computer skills, Knowledge of multi-line phone system, Excellent phone etiquette
- At least 2-5 years of Administrative Assistant/ Human Resources experience—preferably in a freight forwarding company.
- Women are encouraged to apply.The application package should include a Cover letter, Resume or CV and Contact information for three professional references.