Because of the critical nature of this role, we can only consider candidates who can demonstrate that they meet the following minimum requirements:
Because of the critical nature of this role, we can only consider candidates who can
demonstrate that they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Background in IT – Degree or Diploma Holder
- 6+ years work experience as
a Windows Server Administrator.
- Microsoft certifications:
MCSA, MCSE W2k3/W2k8/W2k12
- Very good
- Must have experience implementing and managing 50+ server environments
including virtual environments (with server-class hardware and peripherals).
- Understanding of and
experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain
architecture, NTFS permissions, DNS, OS security, and systems patching.
- Practical understanding of networking – routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs.
- Must have scripting skills – PERL, Powershell, batch, and/or VB.
- Must have experience with using systems monitoring software (e.g. SolarWinds Orion, ScienceLogic EM7, etc.) to collect and manage events and system status.
- Experience working in a multi-server environment is required with knowledge of clustering technologies and strategies.
- Understanding of or experience supporting web servers including services, application pools and threshold monitoring.
- Understanding of or experience with backup software (Symantec Backup exec & IBM Tivoli) and recovery strategies.
- Understanding of or experience with IBM Flex Blade server.
- Understanding of or experience with NAS and/or SAN technologies.
- Good understanding of virtual desktop technology and VMWare.