• The successful candidate for this role will join our Data & Insights team as a Data Mart Engineer in the Information Technology Department.
• (S)He will report to the Head, Data and Insights to improve data organization and accuracy.
• (S)He will monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on subsets of the company’s Enterprise Data Warehouse. The Data Mart Engineer will also help in the development of business intelligence/analytics, business data standards and processes.
• Build critical data marts and applications to support decision making and solve specific business insight needs, design data models for optimal storage and retrieval;
• Optimize data architectures to meet critical reporting analytics and business requirements;
• Coordinate with and support Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and practices in a high availability data warehousing and data mart environments;
• Translate requirements, source mapping documents and models into solutions;
• Help develop and uphold data governance policies and procedures to ensure standardized data naming;
• Establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data quality for assigned data entities;
• Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs;
• Ensure that data management methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to consistently achieve high-quality data;
• Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope Data Warehouse House incidents and recommend a corrective action plan;
• Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all reporting issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements;
• Ensure that the data access and applications adhere to IT Security/Data Protection compliance.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Qualification, Experience and Essential Knowledge
• A University degree in any field but with emphasis on Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field;
• A Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in Data Warehouse lifecycle implementation specifically working with business requirement gathering (Telco’s preferably);
• Strong understanding of project management principles;
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities & participates in the definition, development and implementation of data warehouse and data mart databases and their content;
• Strong knowledge and experience working with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Micro strategy, SSRS, Business Objects, etc.);
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of OLAP with the use of Excel pivot tables;
• Basic understanding of Data Warehouse philosophies (Kimball, Inmon, Schmitz);
• Good understanding of Telecom business/commercial concepts;
• Knowledge of Data Warehouse/BI complete lifecycle and solid experience in Business Requirements Gathering;
• Good understanding of relational database concepts and experience with SQL Server or Oracle;
• Good understanding of data modeling techniques and familiar with using a data modeling tool (e.g. Erwin Data Modeler);
• Knowledge and experience in project management;
• Must have very strong skills in project Initiation (particularly in requirements gathering, understanding the level of detail required to proceed with any project), project estimation, planning and rapid mobilization;
• Good understanding of computer system characteristics, features, and integration capabilities;
• Experience in connecting and applying complex technologies to business strategies;
• Good negotiation and communication skills;
• Exceptional service and results orientation;
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• Ability to apply IT in solving problems;
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 24 March, 2020
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represent who we are; Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.