The University of Cape Coast, a public University in Ghana established by an Act of Parliament, invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the following positions: Director, Directorate of Legal, Consular and General Services (DLCGS)
• The Director is the Head of the Directorate of Legal, General and Consular Services. The Directorate is responsible for providing legal, consular, general and other specialised services in the University.
• The Director is responsible to the Registrar for matters relating to legal advice, representation in the law courts and general services (including security, fire safety, printing, consular, and transport services). The Director is also responsible for advising the University on disciplinary matters.
Qualification and Experience
• possess a postgraduate degree in the relevant area with relevant experience (preferably in a Higher Education);
• have at least eight (8) years post-qualification senior level experience, preferably, in Higher Education;
• have high-level analytical skills, business sense and a deep understanding/appreciation of strategic as well as operational issues/challenges in top-level University management and administration;
• have served or must be serving as Deputy Registrar or Deputy Director (with relevant experience in university administration) or analogous grade in a university or analogous institution.
Term of Office
The position, which is full time, is for a four-year term, renewable for a second term of up to four years only.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the respective positions are attractive.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should complete and submit application forms together with comprehensive Curricula Vitae, relevant supporting documents and three-page Vision Statements to the address below. The application form is obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource and the University’s website (Application Form).
University of Cape Coast
Electronic copies of the application documents should be sent to the e-mail address:
Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address.
Closing Date: 25 September, 2020