Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of: Head of Security
Duties / Responsibilities
• The successful candidate shall be the Head of the Security Section of the University for Development Studies (UDS)
• He or she shall be responsible to the Registrar for the administration of the University’s safety and security needs and services
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University or analogous tertiary institution. Having a relevant professional certificate from a recognised and accredited professional body, in addition to the Bachelor’s degree, will be an added advantage
In addition to the above qualification, applicant must either.
• Be the Head of Security in a public University or analogous tertiary institution
• Be a Principal Security Officer in a public University or analogous tertiary institution a minimum of 6 years work experience on the rank
• Be the Head of Security in a firm or Public Service with a minimum of 15 years relevant post qualification experience
• Be a serving or ex-military officer not below the rank of major in the Ghana Armed Forces or Superintendent in the Ghana Police Service or from an analogous Security Organisation, with the equivalent rank of a Major/Superintendent or above.
• Applicant must be computer literate
• Applicant must be to work for a minimum of 5 years before attaining the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants for any of the two positions should present 3 years copies of their application, together with their curriculum vitae and other relevant documents
Applicants should also include names and postal addresses, email addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of 3 referees, who should be requested by the applicant to forward confidential reports on them to the Registrar of UDS.
Applications for the position must reach the Registrar through the following address:
University For Development Studies (UDS)
P.O.Box TL 1350
Closing Date: 31 August, 2020