Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for consideration for immediate appointment to the following position in the Community Water and Sanitation Agency:
Job Title: Legal Affairs Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive
• Provides sound, timely and high level legal and policy advice.
• Serves as Board Secretary and prepares draft memoranda and documentation for, and from, Board
• Develops and maintains formats for contracts.
• Represents the Agency in court.
• Prepares and reviews draft contracts.
• Provides legal advice on negotiations with government, external support agencies and other bodies.
• Prepares legal briefs and opinion where necessary.
• Reviews annual work-plans and budgets for the unit.
• Prepares reports on the status of court cases of which the Agency is a party.
• Prepares quarterly and annual reports on the activities of the unit.
• Prepares drafts of legislation for consideration by the CWSA Board.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must have:
• Degree from a recognised university.
• Professional Law Qualification (e.g. BL) recognised by the Ghana Legal Council plus good standing membership of the Ghana Bar Association. Satisfactory performance at a selection interview.
• It would be an advantage, if the ideal candidate possesses minimum of three (3) years post-qualification experience. This would, however, not prevent applicants with less experience from being considered. Experience in the public sector would also be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be forwarded together with the following:
• Motivation statement of applicant’s vision for the unit and why he/ she feels qualified for the position, including achievements, if any;
• Curriculum Vitae with supporting documents e.g. copies of certificates, testimonials etc. as well as names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be the applicant’s current supervisor) to the address below.
The Chief Executive
Community Water and Sanitation Agency,
Private Mail Bag,
Kotoka International Airport,
Kindly include telephone and email addresses.
Closing Date: 07 August, 2020