AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Lubrication Technician – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Lubrication Technician – Process Plant is responsible for carrying out all routine and corrective maintenance on all process plant equipment with regards to lubrication according to required standards. The role holder also ensures that all standards on Total Fluid Management are adhered to.
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Assist Reliability Engineer in gathering information for reports
• Coordination of inventory and routine ordering of lube products from stores.
• Stock inventory locations.
• Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions.
• Drain and clean reservoirs.
• Mechanical modification of systems as directed to facilitate sampling and filtration, and other proactive improvements.
• Fill and top off reservoirs.
• Change filters and breathers on reservoirs
• Operate on filtration equipment.
• Grease re-lubrication with manual and automatic dispensing equipment
• Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems.
• Label and tag reservoirs, equipment, inventory and delivery containers.
• Print and fulfill planned lubrication activities
• Update scheduling systems, including adding notes to system and requesting work orders for maintenance repairs and activities.
• Perform field level oil analysis, including: Crackle, Viscosity, Demulsibility and Blotter Test.
• Schedule, collect, label and mail samples for analysis.
• Receive and evaluate oil analysis results for future planned maintenance.
• Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective, predictive or planned maintenance for production systems
• Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
• Propose cost savings projects
• Execute work in a timely manner
• Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure
• Report directly to the reliability engineer on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
• Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
• Five (5) years of experience in the mining industry, with at least 2-3 years in a Process Plant.
• Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
• Inspecting/operating Certificate of Competency issued by Mincom.
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
• Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 31 July, 2020