The Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC) is looking for qualified, goal-oriented and results-driven persons with exceptional qualities for appointment to the following position: Research Officer
• To provide operational support in all research-related projects and activities in the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collects relevant data to facilitate the development of concepts papers/proposals in the Directorate;
• Provides inputs for the development of data collection instruments;
Collects required data on salaries, allowances and other conditions of service using appropriate instruments;
• Provides input for the creation of a database for data storage and management;
• Prepares draft research reports for the attention of supervisor;
• Provides data for preparation of handbook and manuals for research and operations;
• Provides inputs for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Directorate;
• Collects and collates inputs for the preparation of the annual budget and work plan of the Directorate.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in either Statistics, Mathematics or Economics. Must have at least two (2) years post-National Service work experience in a related role.
Competencies, Skills and Technical Abilities
• Good knowledge in the application of data analysis tools and softwares;
• Average report writing skills;
• Basic knowledge of the public service;
• Communication and writing skills;
• Good analytical and quantitative skills;
• Computer literacy.
• Belief in dialogue
• Team- player
How To Apply For The Job
Applications for category A should be forwarded, together with statements of the applicant’s vision for the position, current CV, office and residential telephone numbers, email address and addresses of three referees to:
Public Services Commission
P. O. BOX GP 1618,
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020