The Land and Buildings Electrical Site Inspector (LBEI) reports to the Engineer’s Representative and plays a key monitoring role in the Land and Buildings Electrical Works . The LBEI will monitor Electrical Works in support of the construction of MV & LV Power, Utilities, Buildings and other Works at the designated job site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The LBEI is responsible for actively addressing issues as raised by the project team by providing guidance or resolution either personally or through collaboration with other engineers, quantity surveyors, contracts specialists and HSEQ specialists.
LBI will be coordinating all Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of the works. His/her duties will include, butwill not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for:
- review of all designs, contract documentation, design reports and other relevant data, particularly in relation to the achievement and assessment of the quality of the Works;
- implementing systems for monitoring of the quality of Materials intended for inclusion and included in the Works, sound methodologies, performance, workmanship and the quality of the completed product;
- maintaining close liaison with Resident Engineers and ensuring that they are provided with prompt and accurate data and/or opinions on all materials testing and quality control issues;
- evaluation of and comment upon the Contractor’s Quality plans, and monitoring the Contractor’s adherence to these plans, once approved;
- establishment and implementation of systems for the inspection and assessment of all Works constructed and for the acceptance or rejection of individual sections of the Works;
- inspection of all materials testing facilities provided by the Contractor and evaluation of the correctness and effectiveness of sampling and testing procedures;
- assistance with and advice upon the design, establishment and implementation of the Management Information System;
- implementing effective record systems with a special reference to the compilation of as-built records;
- monitoring all materials and methods of investigations for compliance with project requirements;
- providing advice, assistance and assessment in respect of the supplementary designs and/or Contractor’s value engineering proposals;
- monitoring all aspects of the Contractor’s operations with especial reference to adherence to good practices for health and safety and protection of the environment;
- monitor provision by the Contractor of all facilities for the consultant ensuring the rapid preparation and submission of reports and statistical analyses for quality control and advising on the results;
- checking details and performance of all electrical works, (including applying a thorough knowledge of building construction to remedy issues as they arise);
- ensuring regular checking of the calibration, accuracy and operation of electrical equipment and testing equipment on Site;
- inspects wiring of electrical equipment and assemblies for accuracy per specification and standards, and for defects, such as frayed wires, loose connections, and cracks;
- closely monitor site activities to ensure quality of work is in compliance with contract requirements, good construction practice, only approved materials are used and compliance with employer’s requirements
- reading and interpreting electrical drawings and specifications
- supervising and co-ordinating the activities of Site staff for whom responsible and to keeping them
- informed on matters which may influence their work;
- reporting and contributing to reports and drafting correspondence as appropriate;
- keeping a daily diary to record important events;
- assisting in the maintenance of full and complete Site records and, specifically, maintaining those records for which responsibility is allocated in the data management system;
- attending Site meetings when requested to do so providing support and advice to the Resident Engineer on Electrical matters.
- coordinating project needs and service delivery with other projects’ senior engineers.
- preparation of and verifying the accuracy of periodic (weekly, monthly) and ad hoc reports and project metrics.
- contributing to the development of tender and contract documents for interfacing works.
- collaborating with the Design Manager in the review of the Design-Build Contractor’s design of the works.
- obtaining support from the Quality Manager in implementing the QA/QC procedures
- collaborating with the Project Controls staff in assessing progress against programme.
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum)
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or site investigation is an advantage
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage
Specific skills required:
- Preparation of technical reports
- Supervision of Land and Building Electrical works.
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting time schedules for construction.
Person Specification (Personality Attributes):
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- LBI forms part of a larger Construction management team and sound interpersonal skills and team ethic are essential
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Minimum BSc or BTech Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- Member of professional organization.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering – Construction
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 169205BRJob opening for the role of Mushroom Specialist at ACDI/VOCA- Accra,Ghana. All interested applicant should kindly apply now with all relevant credentials.