Bridge PSL – Liberia
Who We Are
Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education.
Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda, and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 68 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia.
Bridge works with parents, teachers, and communities to provide the technology, training, and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization.
If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-past, always changing the working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
The Role: As a Procurement and Logistics Officer at Bridge PSL, you will be required to work long hours, to challenge conventional market pricing mechanisms, continuously research the market to find better ways of achieving the least cost for items and deliver within tight timelines.
You are a non-conventional thinker who will challenge every existing condition with a view to getting the best deal from the market.
You are flexible, adaptable and willing to move at the shortest notice. You are not one to accept the status quo, you will get the job done no matter what.
What You Will Do:
- Requirements Generation: Work with user departments to determine their procurement needs. Conduct market research data to identify potential vendors. Review all Purchase Requisitions for completeness and accuracy and assist with corrections as needed.
- Solicitation:Creation of solicitation documents (RFQ/RFP). Development of all evaluation criteria. Identify appropriate vendors for solicitation. Compile vendor questions, liaise with end users for all answers and communicate back to vendors. Manage item sampling and site surveys when required. Receive and track all vendor response.
- Evaluation and Award Decisions: Review and track all vendor responses and provide master summary. Conduct comprehensive financial analysis of all proposals. Manage technical analysis with end user, highlighting strengths, weaknesses and deficiencies. Utilize evaluation results to create competitive range of best proposals. Communicate notices to unsuccessful bidders. Engage vendors in negotiations to identify and achieve significant cost savings for Bridge PSL.
- Order picking and refill as per the kitting list/requisitions and escalating any emerging issues to supervisor(s)
- Load and unload trucks including working the logistics to ensure a seamless performance of the chain.
- Assist the supervisor in reconciling of stock variances
- Giving continuous information of stock levels in the Warehouse
- Ensure segregation of materials; good stock from obsolete and any dead stock
- Participate in cycle counting and stock taking and proper recording of stock figures including updating stock sheets/cards
- Support warehouse to attain over 98% stock accuracy.
- Ensure that the warehouse is properly organized at all-time including proper labeling of the materials
- Endeavour for under 1% customer complaint by ensuring that right items and the right quantities are assembled/kitted.
- Ensure receipt and arranging of received materials within the same day at their respective locations
- Help the receiving team in inspection and acceptance of any material.
- Ensure that all operations are done in reference to the SOP’s
What You Should Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management Economics or related field
- At least 2-4 years’ experience working in a procurement role within a fast-paced organization.
- A Professional qualification in Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain/ will be an added advantage
- Experience in Microsoft Office and or Google and CRM expertise preferably MS Dynamics Navision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely
- Acute attention to details
- Presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organization skills
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers while a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably, with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today