The ILO Country office Dar es Salaam currently seeks to recruit a motivated and experienced National Project Officer-Monitoring and Result Measurement, with a demonstrated and proved track record. The candidate will based in Kigali Rwanda. S/he will report directly to the Project’s Chief Technical Advisor (CTA)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support the CTA to articulate the theory of change/results chain of the project.
- Supported by the CTA and consultants, develop an MRM manual.
- Contribute to training on MRM of the project team and, to the extent required, of stakeholders and project partners.
- Work with the project team to design and establish an MRM system that comprises digital Intervention Guides for each project intervention and that meet all key elements of the DCED Standard.
- Support the project team to include appropriate indicators for decent work, including for gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
- Support the CTA in the full integration of the MRM system in the project’s management and the team’s learning.
- Support and coordinate project staff in the use of the MRM, including the development of research instruments, regular data collection and relations with partners who contribute to data collection, periodic reviews of the interventions and revision of results chains.
- Ensure the availability of data required for progress reporting, ad hoc reports and intervention studies, and contribute to writing reports.
- Support the project team in designing and conducting market systems analyses, including gender analysis, and contribute to the project’s conflict mitigation and environmental assessments.
- Support the project team in designing and conducting studies and assessments for Outcomes 2-5.
- Support development and implementation of the project’s communications and knowledge sharing plan.
- Perform any other duties requested by the CTA.
- First level University degree in socio-economic research, business, economics, or other relevant technical fields.
- At least one or two years of relevant professional experience in monitoring and results measurement/M&E for development programmes, of which two including developing MRM/M&E systems and managing their use
- Experience in MRM/M&E in private sector development programmes and with the DCED standard would be an advantage
- Experience in market systems or value chain analysis would be an advantage
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of another working language of the duty station
- Strong socio-economic research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support the development of manuals and training materials and conduct training.
- Ability to provide technical advice and to guide the work of external collaborators, project team staff, senior specialists, and consultants,
- Ability to respond to developments in and relevant to the project with flexibility and change project activities and procedures as required.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel required, SPSS desirable).
Interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience should submit their applications including updated curriculum vitae, certified relevant certificates, and one-page cover letter addressed to
ILO Country Director,
P.O. Box 9212,
Dar es Salaam.
All applications should be sent online through email: by clicking the button below with the subject “Application for National Project Officer-Monitoring and Result Measurement Position” before 15 December 2017. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position, can also be offered to be assigned on another position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possess the minimum qualifications for this position.
For more information refer to http://www.ilo.org/daressalaam