Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Office Cleaner will perform cleaning and related services to ensure clean and pleasant working environment adhering to strict hygiene standards to safeguard the health and safety of individuals. You will provide some routine administrative support services and will contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean all office facilities, including washrooms, windows, and office premises, and dispose of waste per established schedules.
- Replace toiletries and other needed materials in a timely manner. Report on need for stock replenishment, including for cleaning materials and tools.
- Monitor and report on the need for provision of drinking water and refill the water dispenser.
- Take proper care of equipment and facilities while cleaning and utilize cleaning materials economically to ensure resources are used in a proper and accountable manner.
- Inspect regularly and report on any equipment and utilities malfunctioning, as well as on facilities maintenance and repair needs. Monitor and report on maintenance and repair work progress.
- Provide support in various administrative activities, including but not limited to: photocopying, filing, mail routing, inventory physical count, substituting for Receptionist during breaks, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Office Cleaner job placement should hold an O’ level Certificate.
- At least two years of work experience in a similar position
- Practical experience in customer care
- Broad knowledge and understanding of storekeeping
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Well-organized with ability to follow oral instructions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good oral communication skills.
- Personal Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Serves with Integrity, Models Stewardship, Cultivates Constructive Relationships, Promotes Learning