People Operations Manager, Liberia
Who We Are
Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education.
Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 68 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia.
Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization.
If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-paced and continuously changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the day to day administration of People Operations, and assisting team members with their People Operations questions.
- Assist in preparing contracts for employees and contractors; supervise time and attendance for employees and contractors
- Coordinate school staff payroll and benefits with the Ministry of Education; Civil Service and Ministry of Finance
- Assist with investigations of misconduct at schools; monitor infraction tracker;
- Create and maintain People Operations processes for schools; educate school staff on processed
- Assist with onboarding for all employees including school staff to Bridge PSL processes
- Maintain the vacancy and infraction tracker; assist with recruiting teachers using the recruitment app
- Coordinate the performance review process and staff training
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment, selection and training process for school staff
- Manage data input into Navision and other database; oversee the credentialing process for all school staff
- Assist with managing employee experience; coordinating employee events; working with schools too plan motivational activities to promote cohesiveness with employees and school staff
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor`s degree in Human Resources.
- Atlesst 5 years Prior experience in an HR or People Operations role
- Clear understanding of Liberian Labor laws ( Decent Work Act)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools particularly HRIS
- An Understanding of all Human Resources functions
- A people person willing to work varying hours
- A leader and strategic thinker
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.