Programme Manager, Schools and Community – Liberia
Who We Are
Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education.
Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 68 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia.
Bridge works with parents, teachers, and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-paced and continuously changing working environment, with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
The Role: Programme Manager – Schools and Community Management
As the Programme Manager of School and Community Management, you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the entire “front of house” school operations from beginning to end.
This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense programme management skills, impeccable customer service, and constant accountability.
This includes managing the engagement field team responsible for launching and managing new partnership schools as well as overseeing the execution of advertisements, events, and parent programmes.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate the Management of Bridge Partnership Schools in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Academics
- Supervise and Manage Community engagement strategy for building powerful public schools
- Develop, manage and supervise PTA engagement activities in day to day running of the schools
- Coordinate schools, supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; principal supervision and mentorship; and more – including accountability measures
- Coordinate community outreach across all Bridge Partnership communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at parents, community leaders and influencers, and general public
- Spend time in Bridge Partnership communities developing knowledge of the communities as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities
- Assist in recruiting, induction trainings, workshops, and on-going professional development
- Oversee the collation of information from all departments; maintain weekly trackers, supervise data collection from the field; work with assign partners and Director to increase community linkages.
- Ensure that schools` grounds and buildings are maintained, oversee repairs, and training principals.
- Develop and work with Parent Teachers Associations, Community Leaders in developing strategic plans for school management.
- Oversee activities of the department in the absence of the Director
What You Should Have:
- A Bachelors degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Management or in any relevant field
- At least 5 years relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, and customer strategy
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, metric-driven sales organization; startup or high-growth company experience preferred
- Experience working with low-income customers; community engagement in the education or health sector is a major plus
- Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business, and government
- Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers while a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today