Due to our strong pipeline of projects within the transportation field we may have an opening for an experienced Quality Manager .
If you would like to be the first one to hear about this opportunity when it will arise, submit an expression of interest now and let’s stay in touch
The Quality Manager is directly responsible for development and implementation of the Program Quality Plan in compliance with ISO9000/2015 and utilizing terminology compliant with ISO9000:2008. This role includes the responsibility to perform audits of programme partners with associated supply chain ensuring compliance with the Quality Policy and Program Quality Management Plan, including assessment of quality management systems (QMS) of bidders during tender evaluation for ISO compliance.
The Quality Manager is responsible to communicate with the client for preparation and approval of the Quality Policy, similar to “Right the First Time and Every Time”, “Zero Defects” or other initiative, that actively promotes establishment of quality objectives and targets, continuous improvement, embedding a culture of quality, and commitment to excellence
Establishes and maintains AECOM’s quality-assurance (QA) and audit quality management systems as set out in AECOM’s Integrated Management System (IMS) to confirm that products or services provided are in accordance with client quality requirements. Periodically conducts detailed audits to assess the level of compliance with the QA systems, procedures, and related-quality activities. Regularly interacts with Regional QA Manager to assess on-site activities and provides regular updates to the Program Director for status of compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the corporate compliance to AECOM’s IMS of the project.
- Ensures all deliverables meet or exceed the KPI’s of the prescribed quality performance criteria.
- Prepares, periodically reviews, and updates the Program Quality Plan.
- Prepares and provides periodic reviews of quality data for compliance to established standards with periodic reporting to the client.
- Implements the Quality Plan by ensuring data validation, QA audits, and field calibration for all program partners.
- Plans, directs and performs QA audits of program delivery partners to ensure program partners implement a respective QMS that is compliant with the Quality Policy, Program Management Plan, and Program Quality Plan.
- Ensures program partners implement procedures for verification, certification, and project procedures within an Inspection Testing Plan, including procedures for records control, training and competencies, internal auditing, non-conformance, and corrective and preventive actions such than no deficient or defective components are incorporated into the permanent works.
- Ensures program partners include procedures to stop work from being continued if negatively affecting the outcome, provide additional checking and testing to verify compliance, and investigate reason for non-compliant works to ensure incorporation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Prepares audit reports and provides training to the program management team and program partners for requirements of the Program Quality Plan.
- Provides counselling and coaching the program management team for requirements of the QMS for program delivery.
- Consults with the Program Director in the recruitment, retention, leadership, and behaviours of the program management team.
- Manages QA performance to ensure that outputs and deliverables are subject to appropriate scrutiny and verification in accordance with established procedures.
- Identifies and reports to the Project Director on quality issues or trends based on data from a variety of sources.
- Recommends and monitors implementation of appropriate corrective actions to remedy documented quality deficiencies.
- Provides input to Program Director on performance metrics, and processes system improvements.
- Minimum 20 years of related experience.
- 15 years of related work experience in the field of quality assurance and quality control, including 10 years experience in quality management of construction projects.
- Active membership in professional/technical organization.
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience in the Middle East preferable.
Specific skills required:
- Extensive knowledge of ISO9001:2015 quality assurance/quality control management, processes and current technology.
- Working knowledge of technical standards for ASME, ANSI, ASTM, BS, EN and similar organizations.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software packages related to QA/QC.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to conduct presentations to management, and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
Additional Skills required:
- Excellent supervisory and training capability.
- Company/Business Line operations management experience.
- Working knowledge of WBS development.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Working knowledge of design, procurement and construction processes and their inherent risks for quality.
- Familiarity of working in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong management and decision making skills.
- Where the Quality Control Manager recommends or makes decisions, he/she requires a thorough understanding of procedures, professional standards, company policies and business practices to achieve desired results and deadlines. QA/QC procedural management and acknowledgement of decisions that may impact project/program also requires an awareness to augment the Project’s Quality Plan.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering from accredited university in Western Europe, United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, or Australia.
- Certified by internationally accredited institute for successful competencies ISO9008:2015.
- Chartered or Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering – Construction
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 166752BR