LUX* Grand Gaube is recruiting a Sous Chef (Pastry).
The Sous Chef will be responsible to:
1) Assist the Chef de Cuisine/ Head Chef/Executive Sous Chef in planning and coordinating the smooth operation of the kitchen department.
2) Supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the resort’s SOPs and Menu guidelines.
3) Ensure consistent delivery on-the-job training to subordinates and promote the standards.
4) Monitor the preparation of food items for special orders, buffet presentation, VIP parties, and other functions.
5) Monitor regular standards of production to ensure highest level of quality.
6) Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the Food cost.
7) Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling and HACCP.
8) Ensure that hygiene standards are implemented and followed at all times.
1) At least Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications
2) National Certificate level 3 in food production or equivalent qualifications.
3) Higher National Diploma in Culinary Arts from a recognised institution.
1) At least 10 years of working experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
2) A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the position of Chef de Partie or in similar position in a 5 star international resort.
1) High level of Integrity.
2) Passionate about service.
3) Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
4) Outstanding customer service skills.
5) Creative and innovative skills.
6) Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
7) Excellent planning and organising skills.
8) Keep up to date with current Food trends.
9) Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
10) Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
11) Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
12) Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
13)A clean certificate of character is a must.