The System Network Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Job title: System Network Administrator
- Install and support IBOSS system, LANs, network segments, internet, and intranet system.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers; VPN gateways.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- User administration (setup and maintaining account).
- Maintaining system.
- Verify that peripherals are working properly.
- Quickly arrange repair for hardware in occasion of hardware failure.
- Monitor system performance.
- Monitor network communication.
- Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
- Create file systems.
Requirement & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or Computer Programming and professional experience in IT network administration and server management in a Windows NT environment,
- Certification on system/network administration well renowned (Cisco, Microsoft SA, Linux LPI, VMware, etc).
- 3-5 years of system administration experience. Complexity and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to self-manage schedules and priorities – related to projects, and daily operations
- Demonstrated an ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated an ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork and produces high-quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, maintenance, repair, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills. Fluency in English is a must. Experience as a technical guide or consultant is an asset.
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents and other certificates. The application should be addressed to the CEO OF STAR AFRICA MEDIA (Startimes) and delivered to STAR AFRICA MEDIA offices especially in HR Department or send by clicking the button below from 30th November to 15th December 2017 at 5:00 pm. Startimes head office is located in KIGALI-KIMIHURURA.