Talent Acquisition Manager, Liberia
Who We Are
Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education.
Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, and acts as a government school operator for 68 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia.
Bridge works with parents, teachers, and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization.
If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-paced and continuously changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
Overview: As the Liberia Talent Acquisition Manager for Bridge International, you are a key member of the People Operations team as we try to attract the best talent Liberia has to offer. You will have the opportunity to join a fast-scaling global start-up and shape the organization by developing a highly effective talent pipeline for all positions in Liberia.
What You Will Do:
- Create and execute best-in-class recruiting strategies to meet the large volume hiring requirements of the business.
- Use social media, job boards, internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs for current open roles and identify future talent needs and proactively recruit and source candidates.
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers.
- Implement and drive talent attraction actions to generate talent pipeline linked to long-term talent acquisition plan aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Lead the talent selection activity and agenda for assigned departments and groups maximizing the quality of hire as defined by the business and organization plan.
- Create and enhance candidate experience during interview processes and onboarding.
- Anticipating future talent needs, direct talent sourcing and talent intelligence actions in collaboration with Hiring managers.
- Enhance internal relationships with the hiring manager and provide valuable insight into hiring and employment data and advise them on the best strategies for getting and retaining talent.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiencies in the overall recruiting process to create exceptional customer and candidate’s interactions.
- Understand the talent landscape and looking for opportunistic hiring opportunities, driving research and gathering market intelligence.
What You Should Have:
- Have a Bachelor`s degree in Human Resources or related field, graduate degrees preferred.
- At least 5 years’ prior experience working in within a fast-paced, metric-driven organization (agency or corporate) within Talent Acquisition.
- Extensive headhunting/recruitment experience, particularly with building diverse teams
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert proficiency in MS Office applications and Applicant Tracking systems.
- Membership in a professional HR body is an added advantage
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done, with at least 5 years of post-graduate school experience. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network in Nigeria from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.