Job Summary: The Technical Advisor at Technical Advisor at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation – TB/HIV will provide technical support, monitor and evaluate delivery of TB and TB/HIV collaborative and integration activities in accordance with NTLP and national HIV/AIDS policies and standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of Technical Advisor at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
· Work closely with Ministry of Health and other institutions involved in TB and HIV/AIDS care services
· Actively participates in the formulation, review and recommendation of national guidelines/protocols and policies on TB, TB/HIV service delivery
· The job holder also provides TB and TB/HIV technical support and guidance to the district based officers district health teams and the community based groups like CBOs etc.
· Actively participates in organizing regular technical updates/review meetings for TB/HIV to the RHITES-SW project staff
· Provides continuous guidance and improvement of the quality of the TB/HIV program by regular application of quality improvement and Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems approaches.
· Develop and scale up change packages that addressing the gaps and challenges in the TB program.
· Take part in the development of guidelines and protocol for delivery of TB and TB/HIV services and recommends standards to be used in the provision of clinical services to TWG (s).
· Participates in the STAR SW planning and budgeting activities, especially in regard to TB/HIV services
· Recommends performance indicators for monitoring and evaluating TB, TB/HIV services
· Prepares SOPs to be used by the medical personnel in planning and institutionalizing clinical services.
· Recommends and disseminates up-to-date clinical services delivery guidelines and protocols for TB and TB/HIV services
· Actively monitors and evaluates the delivery of TB, TB/HIV services, and recommends necessary follow-up actions.
· Recommends/Identifies training needs on TB and TB/HIV in the supported districts
· Provides on-the-job training and updating of skills of STAR SW and District Staffs
· Prepares periodic reports on TB, TB/HIV activities in the region, Reports on Clinical services
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience for Technical Advisor at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Medical Degree and/or Master’s in Public Health
· Possession of a Post graduate training in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Public Health
· At least five years’ experience in area of TB/HIV program planning and implementation
· Training in TB/HIV Management
· Training of trainer skills
· Broad HIV/AIDS knowledge
· Good knowledge of the district health system.
· Working knowledge of National HIV/AIDS policies