Total Multinational Petroleum Company is seeking to recruit an experienced Materials Controller and Storekeeper.
Monthly Salary Range: GHS 15,000 – GHS 25,000
The Storekeeper is responsible for assisting with all warehouse operations activities; to include, shipping and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of surplus inventory.
The Materials Coordination will ensure managing all of the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials in support of Projects. Acts as the interface between the business unit and procurement.
Actively interacts with planning, inventory, vendors, buyers and maintenance on a daily basis by providing customer support, effective & timely communication, alignment with business practices/controls and a high level of materials and services fulfilment for site maintenance activities.
At Total, we believe that collective success is an integral part of the wellbeing of all in the workplace. Whatever the environment in which our employees work, we strive to offer those stimulating working conditions so they can give the best of themselves: safe and pleasant spaces, motivating remuneration, social protection, respect for work/life balance.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of all our employees. We invest in the potential of all our employees because they are the true drivers of our growth and carry our ambitions in every part of the world.
Joining Total means contributing to a shared ambition for responsible energy, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance and more!
We challenge interested applicants to send a CV and Cover letter through our displayed career email or apply button below. Only qualified candidates shall be contacted for interview.
• Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
• Work with CMMS (ALM) system allocating data entry, parts check out, reserving of parts, kitting of parts, updating of PM tasks and ensuring that spare parts are within their established min & max levels.
• Inventory sharing and coordination with other Total facilities.
• Assist as needed with supplier interface and strengthening vendor database, while maintaining and assuring high ethical relationships, both internally and externally.
• Assist with low value procurement activities, which may include third party solutions in order to maintain maximum monetary efficiency of P-Card purchases.
• Ensure proper requisitioning of materials & services required, and that received materials and services meet all aspects of quality, safety, timeliness and best value to the company.
• Assist with maintaining and updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments and returns to ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system.
• Assist with shipping and receiving transactions at the facility, which may require placing parts/equipment in designated locations within the warehouse.
• Assist with shipping of cancelled and/or damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
• Maintains the warehouse and records area in a neat and orderly manner.
• May be required to answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries warranties, repairs and surplus property.
• Assist the Electrical and Mechanical Department as needed to accomplish the goals of the plant. This may include performing select PM’s, work orders, inspections, outage planning and other duties as assigned by Plant Management.
• Handle supplier interface, strengthening vendor data base, while maintaining and assuring high ethical relationships, both internally and externally.
• Maintains records of physical counts, receipts, adjustments, and returns to ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system.
• Responsible for all shipping and receiving for the facility, including physically placing parts/equipment in the designated warehouse location.
• Ensure that spare parts are within established minimums & maximums.
• Ensure that procured materials & services are requisitioned properly and that materials & services received meet all aspects of quality, safety, timeliness and best value to the company.
• Assist with low value procurement activities maximizing usage of the P-Card and responsible for creating and maintaining Purchase Orders.
Candidate Profile :
• Minimum Diploma/HND, or higher qualification.
• Minimum 2-5 years of related experience, prior experience in warehousing, logistics or office environment.
• Minimum 3 years of closely related professional experience.
• Experience managing inventory in an industrial environment is preferred.
• The ability to operate the plant’s mobile equipment (e.g. forklift, light trucks) in a safe manner and in accordance with standard operating policies and procedures.
• Strong computer skills.
• Some physical labor (including ability to lift up to 50-lbs) is required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Customer service oriented and excellent interpersonal skills; to include, the ability to be responsive to facility upset conditions in order to provide support as needed.
• Working knowledge of SAP material catalogues and search tools.
• Working knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant.
• Advanced time management skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Advanced written and oral communications skills.
• Influencing with and without authority.
• Strong organization skills.