Total Multinational Petroleum Company is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our multinational technical team.
Monthly Salary Range: GHS 20,000 – GHS 45,000
As a Total mechanical engineer, you’ll be responsible in providing professional, competent mechanical engineering support, projects follow standard gate decision processes, ensure projects are engineered to highest standard, provide professional competent mechanical engineering guidance, responsible for the review and management of equipment and maintenance data, Provide technical support to project engineers and be responsible for the review and management of production equipment and maintenance etc.
With operations in more than 130 countries, our 100,000 employees discover, produce, process, sell and market energy in a variety of forms, all the way to end-customers. At Total, we believe that collective success is an integral part of the well-being of all in the workplace.
Whatever the environment in which our employees work, we strive to offer them stimulating working conditions so they can give the best of themselves: safe and pleasant spaces, motivating remuneration, social protection, respect for work/life balance. We are committed to the personal and professional development of all our employees.
We invest in the potential of all our employees because they are the true drivers of our growth and carry our ambitions in every part of the world.
Joining Total means contributing to a shared ambition for responsible energy, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance and more!
We challenge interested applicants to send a CV and Cover letter through our displayed career email or apply button below. Only qualified candidates shall be contacted for interview.
• To provide professional competent mechanical engineering guidance and advice based on sound engineering practices in support of operations, projects and contracts both offshore and onshore.
• The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing professional, competent mechanical engineering support, guidance and advice to Project Engineers ensuring that they have access to technical knowledge and expertise in ensuring that projects are engineered to the highest standard required of technical integrity.
• Providing sound engineering guidance and advice on matters of Mechanical Technical Integrity, including Operations, Projects and Decommissioning group.
• Liaise effectively with other discipline engineers to ensure projects are engineered to highest standard taking into consideration all project requirements.
• Ensure projects follow standard gate decision process, i.e. Appraise, Select, Define, Execute, Operate
• Ensure the client and company Management of Change process is complied with, ensuring Engineering Change Requests are prioritised and dealt with in a timely manner.
• Liaise with sub-contractors, e.g. engineering consultancies, piping surveyors, engineering fabricators, etc. to ensure that materials and services are planned and co-ordinated to align with client planning process and milestones.
• Provide technical support to project engineers for client shutdown/TAR outages, attend planning meetings when required.
• Monitor project progress and update activity planning meetings with clients and company Project Engineers.
• Preparation of comprehensive project work packs, including method statements, resources and material requirements.
• Carrying out visits to offshore assets as required.
• Be responsible for the review and management of equipment and maintenance data within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (JDE)
• Identify and investigate equipment performance, and contribute to equipment reliability.
• Be a proactive team member within the Maintenance Technology team.
• Closely cooperate and support the Mechanical Workshop and other organizational departments.
Candidate Profile :
• Education: HND/Bachelor or Graduate (BEng/MEng/MSc Mech Engineering) Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
• 3 to 10 years of experience in oil/gas industry and/or manufacturing facility.
• Good working knowledge of relevant industry engineering codes and standards, e.g. API 610; ASME 8 and B31 series, PED, ISO 19900:2019.
• Good knowledge of offshore industry regulations, COMAH, Safety Case Regs, PFEER, DCR.
• Advanced technical skills with strong emphasis in 3D Modelling and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) required.
• Proficient in the use of 3D design and engineering software such as SolidWorks Simulations or Inventor required.
• Experience in structural, fluid dynamics, vibrations and heat transfer analyses.
• Advanced written and verbal skills.
• Strong ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently.
• Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
• Good organizing, planning, and presentation skills.
• Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and focused with a drive for results.
• Sound ability to manage time, makes quality decisions, and manages and measure work.