Total Multinational Petroleum Company is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Procurement and Purchasing Manager.
Monthly Salary Range ($): GHS 2,000 – GHS 40,000
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining innovative organizational policies and practices for the purchase of goods and services.
This position will work closely with Operations and Senior Management to ensure that procurement strategies are applied consistently in order to find ways to effectively optimize organizational expenses.
The manager will also be negotiating supplier agreements, manage supplier and vendor contracts, Monitor purchases, Design supply back up system and enhance Source operations spend.
With operations in more than 130 countries, our 100,000 employees discover, produce, process, sell and market energy in a variety of forms, all the way to end-customers.
At Total, we believe that collective success is an integral part of the well-being of all in the workplace.
Whatever the environment in which our employees work, we strive to offer them stimulating working conditions so they can give the best of themselves: safe and pleasant spaces, motivating remuneration, social protection, respect for work/life balance.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of all our employees. We invest in the potential of all our employees because they are the true drivers of our growth and carry our ambitions in every part of the world.
Joining Total means contributing to a shared ambition for responsible energy, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance and more!
We challenge interested applicants to send a CV and Cover letter through our displayed career email or apply button below. Only qualified candidates shall be contacted for interview.
• Develop, hone and execute innovative procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing.
• Evaluate and enhance Source operations spend while researching and prospecting developments.
• Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency.
• Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce organizational overall expenses while increasing productivity.
• Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
• Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation as it relates to procurement.
• Monitor purchases, delivers and spends to determine if vendors are meeting performance demands.
• Negotiating supplier agreements and manage supplier and vendor contracts.
• Participate in tender process.
• Develop, prepare and finalize (frame) contracts, negotiate cost and term & conditions, Spec validation.
• Coordinate supply chain planning, production, marketing technical and QA team on daily material supply management, including MRP review and order process.
• Push Implementation of vendor correction/improvement plan, collect feedback from production and sales team, evaluate the implementation plan effectiveness.
• Coordinate internal cross functional team in new product application and launch.
• Cost quotation for new product, new formula, new purchase model, and new supply source.
• Support HSEQ /SC/sales on QMS system implementation, application of ISO series, NSF, OEM authentication etc..
• Set vendor performance KPI, perform vendor evaluation (including financial, technical and commercial risk analysis) and site audit, and improve vendor performance from time to time to satisfy growing operation effectiveness and business demand.
• Coordinate customer (both external and internal) complain and troubleshooting with corresponding vendor.
• Design supply back up system, analyze effectiveness and improve.
Candidate Profile :
• HND, Bachelor or Graduate qualification in any Science, Chemical, finance, business, purchasing, material or technical related field.
• Minimum 5+ years’ proven experience in supply chain or as a procurement/purchasing lead in an industrial setting.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in commerce/business administration, or other related field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including strong communication both orally and written with the ability to build relationships, network and negotiate.
• Ability to take raw data and refine into quality information to support business decisions.
• Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information.
• Ability to learn, adapt to change and be flexible in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
• Preference will be given to candidates with previous work experience in oil and gas, logistics and / or related services.
• Solid Knowledge and experience on SAP system.
• Innovative capability to manage fast changing market environment, new technology and new challenge and flexible business needs.
• Good at cost analysis and reporting
• Positive driver within responsibility and efficient incoordination in Matrix team and organization.
• Be a strong leader and coach of people (with demonstrable experience of direct or indirect line management).
• High trustworthiness, self-reliant working style, passionate about Procurement.
• Strong negotiation, inter-personnel and presentation skills.
• Willingness to travel up to 50%.