Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporter, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of Role
- Receive and do 100% quality checks for all sponsorship letters.
- Translate, analyze, prepare the list of all letters and submit to sponsorship assistant before the close of the month.
- Ensure all letters are content appropriate and translate a good dialogue between the sponsors and the child
- Promotes and abide by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy, Code of conduct and related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Gained through education, training, & experience
- Degree in English and communication or Translation and Interpretation.
- Proven experience as a team player
- 4 years of experience in translation
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates collaboration skills.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Familiarity and interest in child Rights and Gender Equality,
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and positive interpersonal relationships,
- Able to work according to set work plans and to meet deadlines.
- Integrity – acts with honesty, diligence and responsibility and professionalism.
Type of Role: TEMPORARY
Reports to: SPONSORSHIP COORDINATOR
Closing Date: 13 December 2017
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.