Computer Security / Cybersecurity Instructors Job Vacancy in Accra Ghana
Details about the Job Vacancy
Job Title: Computer Security / Cybersecurity Instructors
Job Location: Ashaley Botwe, near Madina / East Legon, Accra
Company Name: DevWorld Tech Academy
If you’re excited to be part of a winning team and interested in growing your career then you will be glad to join us.
- In summary, you are to work in the DevWorld (WealthBankers Limited’s Tech Division) which is the custodian of DevWorld Tech Academy to implement tech solutions and to teach and guide students online or offline in their field of study.
- This is a full-time job (Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm) at Ashaley Botwe, Accra, Ghana.
Are you ok with ambiguous goals and uncertainty?
We have a number of prospective projects. A major responsibility of this job is helping our leadership evaluate them, identifying the top candidates and instructing students. You should expect prioritizes and direction to change as we begin adopting new technologies.
Do you have experience working in dynamic environments (such as a startup)? Are you excited by ambiguous goals and changing requirements?
If you value predictability and stability this is the wrong job for you.
Welcome to your new career opportunity in Computer Security / Cybersecurity
We are involved in exciting technologies of the decade. This role is your opportunity to build and deploy new products from the ground up and to teach students in this field.
You will be part of a team helping chart our strategy and define the problems we are solving with in this field and industry. You will help build our development and production infrastructure and set our technical standards. To succeed you must become an expert in building models and putting them into production.
This is not a research role. If you have not done this before, this job isn’t for you.
Computer Security / Cybersecurity Job Vacancy
We are looking for dedicated and meticulous cybersecurity specialists to join our growing team. In the role, you will operate independently and as part of a team to ensure our software, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber-attacks. The job description will include developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyberattacks in an efficient and effective manner. Candidates should have strong IT skills and a deep understanding of cyber hacker methodology.
Cybersecurity Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop unique, effective security strategies for software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware
- Implement/build-in security systems to software, hardware, and components
- Research best ways to secure company-wide IT infrastructure
- Build firewalls to protect network infrastructures
- QA software and hardware for security vulnerabilities and risks
- Monitor software for external intrusions, attacks, and hacks
- Close off security vulnerability in the case of an attack
- Identify cyber attackers, report to upper management, and cooperate with police or other legal forces to detain perpetrator
- Work independently or as part of a team as needed
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Cybersecurity Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Completion of an internship/apprenticeship in cybersecurity a plus
- Strong IT skills including knowledge on hardware, software, networks, and data centers
- Thorough work ethic, attention to detail
- Skills of perception and QA, ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude
- Forensic approach to challenges
- Ability to think like a hacker and anticipate hacker moves
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics
- Experience in professional cybersecurity a plus
Cyber Security Qualifications / Skills:
- System administration
- Network security
- Problem solving
- Information security policies
- On-call network troubleshooting
- Firewall administration
- Network protocols
- Routers, hubs, and switches
- Informing others
- Process improvement
- Education: minimum Bachelor Degree
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing
- Patience and concentration
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
Location: Ashaley Botwe, near Madina / East Legon, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Complete all relevant fields and submit the online application form below.
You must have these during the interview to be considered for the job:
- Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Must own a well-functioning laptop (you will use it to work).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A strong portfolio/detailed info of your past works and experiences (will be requested during interview – links or files).