Web Development Instructors Job Vacancy in Accra Ghana
Details about the Job Vacancy
Job Title: Web Development Instructors
Job Location: Ashaley Botwe, near Madina / East Legon, Accra
Company Name: DevWorld Tech Academy
If you’re excited to be part of a winning team and interested in growing your career then you will be glad to join us.
- In summary, you are to work in the DevWorld (WealthBankers Limited’s Tech Division) which is the custodian of DevWorld Tech Academy to implement tech solutions and to teach and guide students online or offline in their field of study.
- This is a full-time job (Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm) at Ashaley Botwe, Accra, Ghana.
Are you ok with ambiguous goals and uncertainty?
We have a number of prospective projects. A major responsibility of this job is helping our leadership evaluate them, identifying the top candidates and instructing students. You should expect prioritizes and direction to change as we begin adopting new technologies.
Do you have experience working in dynamic environments (such as a startup)? Are you excited by ambiguous goals and changing requirements?
If you value predictability and stability this is the wrong job for you.
Welcome to your new career opportunity in Web Development
We are involved in exciting technologies of the decade. This role is your opportunity to build and deploy new products from the ground up and to teach students in this field.
You will be part of a team helping chart our strategy and define the problems we are solving with in this field and industry. You will help build our development and production infrastructure and set our technical standards. To succeed you must become an expert in building models and putting them into production.
This is not a research role. If you have not done this before, this job isn’t for you.
Web Developer Job Vacancy
We are looking for a skilled Web Developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our company. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.
Your primary task as a web developer will be to create reliable and high-performing applications and services, which can be accessed over the internet. Focusing solely on the underlying software and databases (known as the ‘back end’) is most common, however some web developers work on the interface and visual design (the ‘front end’), while others combine both (‘full-stack development’).
Whether you’re in our agency, school or working as a freelancer, your job will be to create products that meet clients’ needs. The work can be particularly varied with many projects to work on simultaneously, and lots of meetings with clients to discuss their requirements and update them on progress.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- plan and prototype new applications
- design the architecture of the components of an application
- decide on the best technologies and languages for the project
- test sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- fix bugs in existing projects
- test new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- run performance benchmarking tests
- review colleagues’ code
- build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data
- research, incorporate and contribute to Open Source projects
- meet designers, developers and project staff for progress updates
- gather requirements from clients and users
- learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages
- stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- build and maintain databases
- carry out code refactoring and optimization of existing code
- document code, so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- attend and speak at web development conferences and workshops
- design information architecture within an application or website.
Web Developer Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Server architecture
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Proficient and Experience with database systems such as SQL and Oracle
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them. A logical approach to problem-solving.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Thorough functional knowledge and coding experience
- Adequate knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Strong communication skills
- Management experience or examples that show ability to manage a team, should this role involve team management
- technical knowledge in areas such as client-side components, server-side languages, web application frameworks and database management systems
- experience with version control systems, and a thorough understanding of the architecture of web applications and web security and encryption
- attention to detail
- the ability to work independently and in mixed teams
- experience of development methodologies (such as Agile and Waterfall)
- the ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines
- Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing
- Patience and concentration
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
Location: Ashaley Botwe, near Madina / East Legon, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Complete all relevant fields and submit the online application form below.
You must have these during the interview to be considered for the job:
- Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Must own a well-functioning laptop (you will use it to work).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A strong portfolio/detailed info of your past works and experiences (will be requested during interview – links or files).